A collection of community resources we’ve compiled in hopes of providing assistance to members of our LGBTQ+ family.
211 Information and referral service
- 211 is here to help you find the right community and social services. You can dial 2-1-1 to speak to an Information & Referral Specialist, or search an online community resource directory, or chat online from 12-8pm MT daily
- Sexual health clinic offering confidential testing and treatment of STI’s for all ages: 403-346-8336
- Mental health and addiction services: 403-340-5466
Red Deer Primary Care Network: 403-343-9100
Turning Point Society of Central Alberta: 403-346-8858
- Health promotion, prevention, men’s outreach, harm reduction, NightReach mobile outreach program, community action, The Women’s Program
Bullying and Crisis Resources
Alberta Mental Health Line: 1-877-303-2642
- Provides 24/7: confidential, anonymous crisis intervention, information about mental health programs and services, and referrals to other agencies if needed
Bullying Helpline: 1-888-456-2323
- 24 hour, toll-free helpline in Alberta that offers resources on bullying for parents, teachers, children, and youth
- Online chat service from noon to 8 p.m. daily
Canadian Mental Health Association: 403-342-2266
- Reaching out for help is an important step. Talk with someone you trust about how you feel. Life can be overwhelming and there are supports available to you
Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre: 1-866-956-1099
- 24 hour sexual assault crisis line and online chat service
- Crisis and short-term counseling services available to victims of sexual assault and their families
- Medical assistance, police assistance and court support
- Services are free for those affected by sexual assault
Alberta Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-KIDS (5437)
- Everyone in Alberta has a role and shared responsibility in supporting families to keep children safe and well.
Family Violence Info Line: 310-1818
- Talk to trained staff over the phone toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in more than 170 languages. Chat anonymously online with staff from noon to 8:00 pm daily.
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-784-2433
- 24/7 counselling, online or over the phone
- Safe, private and non-judgemental
OUT IS OK line – Bullying Ends Here: 1-877-OUT-IS-OK
- 24 hour support for LGBTQ+ community as well as friends, families and allies
- PFLAG Canada is a national charitable organization, founded by parents who wished to help themselves and their family members understand and accept their non-heterosexual children. The “coming-out” process can be a critical time for families. When the adjustment period is particularly long or painful, relationships can become permanently damaged, resulting in a lifetime of emotional scars. People cannot always rise above the challenge of accepting themselves or their family member, and the results can be devastating, even fatal. We support these families through today, and give them hope for a better tomorrow.
Transgender and Non-Binary Resources
TANAS (Transgender And Non-binary Aid Society)
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Trans And Non-binary Aid Society
- Instagram: @Tanas.Society
- Youth HQ, part of the Boys & Girls Club of Red Deer & District, provides fun after school and out-of-school programs and activities to give young people the opportunities to develop their potential and achieve their dreams.