CENTRAL ALBERTA PRIDE WEEK: AUGUST 13 – 20, 2017
Central Alberta Pride Week is underway! Join us at Bower Ponds from 11 – 6 today for Pride in the Park, a free outdoor festival featuring live music, beer gardens, food trucks, bouncy castles & more! More details below and on our Facebook page.
SUNDAY AUGUST 13
- Worship @ Gaetz Memorial United Church | 10:30 a.m.
- TD presents Pride in the Park @ Bower Ponds | 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Join us for the official kick-off of Central Alberta Pride Week, featuring a Mayor’s Proclamation, an afternoon of live entertainment, food trucks, drag queens, beer gardens featuring locally brewed Troubled Monk beer, children’s bouncy castle, adult bouncy castle, vendors and more! Hosted by Allie McKinnon from Sunny 94. Admission is free. Rain or shine! Performers include Red Deer Trombone Choir and local musicians Ryan Marchant, Michelle Laine, Randi Boulton, Bradley Abel, The KlamDaggers, and 89.
Stage Schedule (times are approx):
11 a.m. – Ryan Marchant
12 p.m. – Formal program including Mayor’s Proclamation by Deputy Mayor Ken Johnston and remarks by Ricardo Miranda, Minister of Alberta Culture and Tourism along with and Kim Schreiner, MLA Red Deer North
12:20 p.m. – Performance by drag queen Kelli Eletrix
12:25 p.m. – Trombone Choir
12:35 p.m. – Michelle Laine
1:15 p.m. – Randi Boulton
2 p.m. – Bradley Abel duo
2:45 p.m. – The Klamdaggers
3:35 p.m. – Performance by drag queen Sparkle Emotion
4 p.m. – Bradley Abel
5 p.m. – 89
MONDAY AUGUST 14
- Pride Flag Raising @ RDC | 10 a.m.
In recognition of Central Alberta Pride Week Red Deer College is raising a rainbow pride flag, in support of the LGBTQ+ community. The event will be held at the flag poles located outside RDC’s main campus front door entrance.
TUESDAY AUGUST 15
- Painting for Pride @ Michener House Museum (5036 51 St Lacombe AB) | 10 a.m.
Pick up a paint brush and help us add a little pride to our garden. The Lacombe and District Historical Society will be showing our support for Central Alberta Pride Week by painting the picnic tables at Michener House Museum in the colours of the rainbow flag. Sponsored by Absolute Custom Design.
- LGBTQ+ Aging Community Conversation @ Golden Circle Senior Resource Centre | 1:30 p.m.
- LGBTQA Yoga @ LacOMbe Yoga | 6 p.m.
Admission by donation
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 16
- Rainbow Block Party hosted by TANAS (Trans And Non-Binary Aid Society) @ West Park Activity Centre | 3 – 8 p.m.
Bumper Balls and other outdoor activities, board games, BBQ and concession. Free admission. Family friendly.
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Burlesque Show hosted by The Dirrty Show @ International Beer Haus & Stage
Tickets: $20, available in advance at 53rd St Music and International Beer Haus & Stage
THURSDAY AUGUST 17
- Human Rights Forum: Understanding Gender Identity & Gender Expression in Employment and Services @ Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery | 8:30 a.m. – Noon
Advanced registration required. $52.50+GST/person
- Pride Community BBQ Sponsored by Kim Shreiner MLA Red Deer North @ Downtown Red Deer (Exact location TBD) | 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cash and non-perishable items in support of the Red Deer Food Bank will be accepted.
- RainBOWLING @ Heritage Lanes | 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Family-friendly bowling party. $20 ticket includes bowling, pizza, and an ice cream bar. Children 5 and under are $5. For tickets, email email@example.com or call Shayna at 403-597-9918.
- Heritage Lanes Comedy Zone presents The Dirrty Show and Corrie Burge hosted by Nadine Hunt @ Heritage Lanes Lounge| 8:30 p.m.
Admission: $15 available online or at the door ($5/ticket supports Central Alberta Pride Society)
SATURDAY AUGUST 19
- Free ice skate @ Penhold Multiplex | 5:45 – 7:45 p.m.
Skaters aged 16 and under must wear helmets.
- Sheraton Red Deer Hotel presents Drag Show & Dance @ Sheraton Red Deer Hotel | Doors @ 7, Show @ 8. Dance to follow.
An evening of live entertainment by some of Alberta’s most talented drag queens. After the show, music by DJ SUCO (from Evolution Wonderlounge) will keep you dancing for the rest of the night.
Be sure to check out the silent auction! Some great items are available, and all proceeds support the Central Alberta Pride Society and Central Alberta Pride Week events.
Cash bar(s) and concession available (vegetarian and gluten-free options provided).
Tickets: $20 at the door | 18+